A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 26 users / day
- 83 users / week
- 127 users / month
- 297 users / 6 months
- 1 subscriber
- 1K Posts
- 3.89K Comments
Teslas are so bad. No idea why people keep buying them. Plus driving a Tesla is like wearing a MAGA hat these days.
You don’t say! Give people the ability to do stupid things and they will
Wouldn’t be surprised to hear this happens with doorbells, etc, too.
I’d be surprised if this sort of didn’t happen with every smart appliance. In fact, here’s a case that happened in Germany a while back when somebody requested the recordings Alexa made of them. Amazon ended up sending recordings of a wrong person, which implies that data security isn’t exactly a top priority.
These corps just do not give af.